Sunday, March 21, 2010

A good weekend...

Today wrapped up three days straight of riding. I'm a little sore right now and the stairs down t the garage look oh so daunting! However, I got out and I hit the road on the Allez and it felt really good. I figured after a 17 mile road ride on Friday and 10 miles on the Heckler yesterday I'd be toast today. I don't think I could've handled a sustained steep climb but I did okay on Whitewood which is fairly steep. I did a total of 22.5 miles today in just about 90 minutes. I'm pretty please with that.

So the tally for the weekend is 4 hours of saddle time and 50 miles in 3 days. That's not really Lance Armstrong numbers or even Daniel Eitman type numbers but they're great numbers for me, so I'm happy.

One of my goals has been to be able to get a bit faster. Currently I'm a 14 to 15 mph rider and I'd like to get that up into the 18mph range. I've really concentrated on keeping my cadence steady and quick (sort of modeled after how I've seen Lance ride). It works and it seems to fatigue the legs less. In the next few weeks I'm hoping to kick in a few sprints, maybe make those darn stop lights work for me for a change sprinting from one to the next. That should help.

Below are a couple of pics from the ride...
This is my trusty road bike, I love this bike.
And this one is me...it's not the greatest shot of me but its not bad considering I'm riding and balancing!
So another great weekend. More miles to put into the training diary and all around I'm ready to tackle an upcoming week of work!

No comments:

Post a Comment