Saturday, March 20, 2010

This is my first post on a new blog. I've had a few blogs before but I think this one may be more successful. This will be a blog about my life as a husband, father, and county employee trying to fit in as much time on the bike as possible. I love bicycles. I love to read about, look at them and especially ride them. I don't have the best bikes but I do have the best bike for me. Hopefully I'll be posting ride reports with pictures. Links to cool places on the web and just a few tid bits about me.

In this first post I'd like to share a few pics from a ride I did this morning. Let me set it up for you. It's beautiful here in the SoCal! It was in the mid 60's when I started at 8:40am and it gently got up into the low 70's by the time I was done at 10:15am. I hit up Vail Lake this morning and stuck to what i think was the last 12 hour course of 2009. I completed most of that and then explored a bit in the little washes and 'canyons' that are above the old go-kart course. I ended up on a nice little single track that led away from the downhill course. You can see where Eric Carter had really gotten started on a pretty good idea. It's starting to get pretty grown over but its all still there. I played around in the 'freeride park' area and then rode out for about 15 minutes past the RC car race track. I found a gentle uphill double track that was fun with a lot of transitions from side to side and some sand. It was a blast coming down it. All in all I have to say it was a pretty fun morning.

My bike, a 07 Santa Cruz Heckler. I love this bike!


This is the trail I had just come up, its about a tenth of a mile from the Dam Hill Climb. I was trying to get the wild flowers in the shot but not sure if it worked. This section of the trail was really nice.

This would be a pic of yours truly. It aint pretty! ;-) Bicycle helmets just don't make anyone look good...except maybe if you're Niki Guddex...she looks good in anything.
This was actually my second ride of the weekend. I did 16 miles on the road bike last night but no pics. Maybe next time but for now have a great weekend and keep the rubber side down!


No comments:

Post a Comment