Saturday, July 10, 2010

It's been a while...

It's been a while and life hasn't changed much really. I seem to be getting along just fine in life. The family is good, I'm good. I think really that that is all that matters. I live each moment in life like its my last. It seems to focus my thoughts on the here and now and not what should be...or could be. It's eliminated the 'what if' and the 'if only' feelings that seem to crowd into the minds of almost everyone I run into. At work the idea that one person 'should be' doing this or that is so dominate that it has slowly destroyed the moral there. I don't quite get it though. I don't disagree that certain people in management 'should be' doing something one way or the other, in fact often times I agree with the individuals verbalizing it. There is, however, a moment when the 'should be' turned into their idea of what reality 'should be'. It has caused a great deal of suffering.

If these people simply live in reality they'd feel better. End of story. I injured myself this morning during a rare Saturday morning class at the dojo. It hurts and I'm sitting here at home putting ice on my knees on a regualr basis. Going up and down stairs kills and I know tomorrow is going to suck. However I am not lying here in misery. Why not, you ask? Well its because I'm not sitting here comparing my current status to what I think it 'should be'. It is the state that I am in right now. Comparing it to healthy knees or some other state is pointless because that moment doesn't exist. Painfull knees and soreness is what exists right now and therefore should be the only think I concern myself with. Makes sense? It does to me and that's really all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment