Monday, July 12, 2010

And so it goes.

There is no real point to this post but I do like title. I am beat, I am tired, I am ready for a day off...its a good thing today is friday....for me at least. Oh what to do tomorrow? I'm pretty sure I'll get to stay away from the doctors office, my knees are a little better. Maybe 50% right now which is better than they were on saturday afternoon. Maybe a down day of relaxing to prepare myself for the bowling & movie that will be wednesday.

So i am still stuck with the idea that I am not destined to be a writer. In fact I'm not really destined to be anything. I mean I do things, I enjoy things but drive has never been my strong point. What's weird is that in the past this lack of drive has bugged me. I mean ive always felt lost somehow & so I went to school, tried guitar, tried writing, tried model trains and man have i spent some money on these things. I like to ride/run and i enjoy Aikido a great deal but I do not have a drive to do them. It's more of q force myself to do them. No my great drive is to sit on the couch and watch the world go by & the kids get older. As I age I seem to care less that I have no drive. I am content to let things lie. I am quite happy to not be promoted, if the boss yells at me...so be it. I could care less. So is this a result of the maturing process or orbs absorbtion of some strange idea of a philosophy or am I just apathetic by nature? It is a strange place I find myself these days & perhaps ishould be upset by all of this but you know what? I'm not. I'm happy with life, I'm content with life. Maybe its because when you arent shooting for qnything you cant be dissapointed. Or maybe im just getting to be an old curmudgon. To be honest i don't think it matters sonny so I'm going to go over here and sit in my rocket for a spell and nap a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment